- To download: Vitaport flyer!
- Sneak peek: https://www.vitaport.ch/
- Press releases: Interviews and Reportages in Uniaktuell, Berner Zeitung, SRF 1 Radio and Bern Welcome (Bern Kulturherbst 2022)
- Until when can Vitaport be visited? Vitaport is currently open and will be available for visit until October 16, 2022.
- Where does Vitaport take place?
- The learning path is installed in the Elfenau park, in Bern, Elfenauweg 94, 3006 Bern (Google map link). If you are on your way with public transport, we suggest you to use the bus line 19 and get off at the stop "Luternauweg".
- The public seminars take place at the Botanical Garden, Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern (Google map link)
The learning path. We eat vegetables and we absorb nutrients. We swallow a pill and the headache is gone. Pregnant women make sure they eat properly so that the baby grows. When substances are transported correctly in our body, they achieve their intended effect. However, a malfunctioning transport can lead to illness. What is actually happening in the body? How are substances of various types transported through the body, into and out of the cells? Between August 12th and October 16th, 2022, visitors of all ages will have the opportunity to find the answers by taking a walk through the exhibition "Vitaport - what our body transports". This is conceived as a free of charge, public temporary learning and artistic path in the Elfenau Park, in Bern, organised by the NCCR TransCure, the University of Bern and the School of Design Bern & Biel. Through illustrative panels, texts and artistic objects, the visitors will be guided on a multidisciplinary discovery tour. The scientific focus will be on iron, endocannabinoids and amino acids transport.
The public seminars. Public events will be organized in parallel to the exhibition, at the Botanical Garden in Bern. These will provide the opportunity to experience hands-on science and to meet the researchers.The following events are scheduled:
- Tue 30/08, 17:30: How plants protect themselves - Bioelectric signals help plants defend against insects
Tue 13/09, 17:30: Psychoactive Plants - A Journey into the world of psychedelic substances
Tue 20/09, 17:30: Fascination Pregnancy - Understanding the placenta: the key to healthy life
Tue 27/09, 17:30: Cancer therapy from plants - How natural substances from plants are used against cancer
- 12 August: the path has been opened!
- July 2022: the classes completed their work and the panels are being producted
- May 2022: the polydesign, ceramic and graphic classes are finishing their projects and we are finalizing the design of the exhibition
- March 2022: the project receives financial support by the Burgergemeinde Bern
- February 2022: the Polydesign and Ceramic classes of the School of Design start the practical work on the project.
- January 2022: the project receives financial support by the IBSA Foundation for Research
- October 2021: the project receives financial support by the Jubiläumsstiftung der Mobiliar Genossenschaft.
- August 2021: successful kick-off meeting of Vitaport at the School of Design Bern. NCCR TransCure researchers meet board members and teachers of the school to inaugurate the start of the concrete development of Vitaport.
- August 2021: the School of Design receives a project grant award from the Paul Boesch Foundation for the realisation of Vitaport.
- July 2021: approval of the financial support through the Gebert Rüf (see project page) and the Johanna Dürmüller-Bol Foundations.
- June 2021: decision on the exhibition location (Elfenau Park, Bern).
- April 2021: approval of the financial support through the University of Bern in the form of a deficit guarantee.