The NCCR TransCure is an interdisciplinary Swiss-wide research network of academic research groups. We not only aim to perform excellence in research but also to offer equal career opportunities for all researchers. The leading institute of the NCCR TransCure - the institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (IBMM) currently has 48% female employees and master students. The number looks promising, but women hold only 1/3 of the leading positions at the IBMM. This number is higher than the average at Swiss universities. This shows that there is still a long way ahead of us. At NCCR TransCure, we continue to work on improving and maintaining equality at all levels, especially by implementing measures that enables us to increase the number of women working in the field of membrane transport.
- With our structural measures, we set a solid foundation
- The career development helps our researchers to find the right track
- Raising awareness on unconscious bias is especially an important topic for us
- We aim to offer a positive work & life balance to our researchers
- Check out the next equal opportunity activities
What does equal opportunity mean to NCCR TransCure?
Prof. Christine Peinelt
NCCR TransCure - Equal Opportunities Delegate
University of Bern
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine