For the general public
Thematic day at the Botanical Garden Bern, September 9, 2017. The NCCR TransCure groups of J.-L. Reymond and J. Gertsch presented interactive stands on "The chemistry of plants: drugs, scents & colors". Guided tours in the garden, hands-on activities and a virtual reality game attracted an enthusiastic public.
Night of Research, September 16, 2017. The NCCR TransCure participated in the Night of research organised by the University of Bern. This event offered a broad spectrum of activities and themes. NCCR TransCure researchers animated interactive presentations and activities for kids. Read more on the event website and on this article.
For the kids
Our educational program is developed to promote science and increase the interest for and understanding of science by the general public at any age. In particular, it aims at encouraging the very young generation.
- Kids Lab Day 2018. Following up the success of the 2017 edition of the Kids Lab Day (in occasion of the UN Int. Day of Girls and Women in Science), the 2018 activity has been organised on August 25th, 2018. 36 kids participated enthusiastically: read the report here!
- MotemaYaCongo! A group of Congolese kids aged 10-14, from the Congolese association MotemaYaCongo based in lausanne, spent some hours in the lab, learning about heart functioning, the life of researcher, healthy food and communication in science. Pictures available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnk8Tg6
- UN International Day of Girls and Women in Science. In occasion of this international day, the NCCR TransCure organised a lab activity for kids (Kids Lab Day). The first edition took place in February 2017 (link to the press release).
- School Lab. The School lab is a special activity where the kids and their teachers participate actively in lab experiments together with researchers and have a closer look at the life in the lab. School classes can apply for a School Lab session. Information and registration form for the teachers can be found here. For more information do not hesitate to contact us!
- Pupils Day. In September 2018, the first “Pupil’s day” was held to to encourage young talents to learn about the job as a scientist (link to post).
NCCR TransCure - Scientific Officer
Delegate for Communication
University of Bern
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
Tel: +41 31 631 36 22